Union Cabinet gives nod to MoU between India and Sweden on Technical Cooperation in the Railway Sector
The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Sweden on Technical Cooperation in the Railway Sector.
It was signed between both countries on 15th February, 2016 and it will enable technical cooperation in the following areas
- Benchmark railways Policy of development, organization, regulations and specific characteristics for each country.
- Exchange of knowledge, innovation, technology, technical expertise, sustainable solutions and research.
- Other cooperation projects such as, tilting coaches/trains, freight operations in cold regions, capacity allocation (time tabling) and optimisation of maintenance and improved freight/combination traffic.
- Continuing education program in maintenance and reliability of rail transport system for railway engineers and managers.
- The Union Ministry of Railways has signed MoUs for technical cooperation in the Railway sector with various National Railways of different countries in different identified areas of cooperation.
- These MoUs provide a platform for Indian Railways to interact and share the latest developments and knowledge in the railway sector.
- It also facilitates exchange of technical experts, technical documents and reports, training and workshops/ seminars focusing on specific technology areas and other interactions for knowledge sharing.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017