Union Commerce Ministry launches Twitter Seva for Start-Ups
The Union Commerce and Industry Ministry has launched a new service Twitter Seva to address issues and grievances of startups, exporters and importers, and other stakeholders.
In this regard, an institutionalised mechanism with a special Twitter cell has been created in the Ministry which is manned by a set of dedicated officers of the Ministry.
- Twitter Seva will address various queries of startups in a time-bound manner.
- In it, anyone who wants to access government irrespective of any department, they can put their queries using the hashtag – ‘#mociseva’ on micro blogging site twitter.
- The Union Commerce and Industry Ministry would try to respond to the queries within 48 to 72 working hours.
- Queries on matters relating to Department of Commerce and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) will be answered through this service.
- It will also address queries regarding the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), , SEZs, Directorate General of supplies and Disposals, tea, rubber, coffee, spices, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
- Issues related to manufacturing policy, investment promotion, industrial corridors, Startup India, Make in India, FDI, intellectual property rights will be also addressed.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017