Union Government constitutes committee to assess the status of demonetisation drive
The Union Finance Ministry has constituted a committee comprising Additional Secretaries, Joint Secretaries and Directors to know status of implementation of demonetisation drive.
The committee was formed after the Union Government took decision to scrap 500 and 1000 rupees currency notes on 9th November 2016.
Terms of references of committee
- Visit the States and union territories and submit its report by 25th November 2016.
- Each of the officers will visit different areas of the State and UTs separately with special focus on the rural areas.
- Submit a report on the general outlook and challenges arising out of implementation of the scheme.
- Check currency availability across the States/UTs in the network of bank branches, ATMs and post offices.
- Check facilities at bank branches and post offices for deposit, withdrawal and exchange of currency.
- Check the impact of the demonetization on various segments including households, wage earners, agriculturists, traders, transportation, industries, informal sectors and small business.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017