Union Government launches DigiShala TV channel to promote digital payments
The Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched a TV channel named ‘DigiShala’ to promote cashless transactions.
The channel was launched as part of the ‘Digidhan’ campaign which aims to spread awareness about digital transactions.
- DigiShala is dedicated 24*7 and 365 days free-to-air TV channel to inform citizens about digital payment ecosystem, benefits and processes.
- It is a satellite channel managed by Doordarshan (DD). It will be broadcasted nationally on DD Free Dish DTH service.
- It will be available through GSAT15 (DD Direct DTH), 93.5 degree East, Receive frequency: 11590 Mhz.
- Through it, citizens will be informed and educated about various digital payment options through step by step demos of digital payments using e-wallets, UPI, USSD, Aadhaar-enabled payment systems and cards.
- It will impart information and education, especially in rural and semi-urban areas related to Digital Payment ecosystem, its tools, processes and benefits.
- The services on the channel initially will be available in Hindi and English and later in local languages as well.
- It is not mandatory for the service provider and direct-to-home (DTH) airing it and customers may opt for it.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017