Union Power Ministry launches e-Trans & DEEP e-bidding portals for electronic bidding and e-reverse auction
The Union Power Ministry has launched ‘e-Trans’ & ‘DEEP’ e-bidding web portals for electronic bidding and e-reverse auction of tariff-based electricity transmission projects.
They were launched by Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
- These portals have been developed by Rural Electrification Corporation Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL), a subsidiary of REC Ltd.
- These portals seek to enhance transparency in power transmission sector.
- It marks shift from present manual auction process to electronic mode for determining the lowest bidder for projects.
- e-Trans: It is a web platform for e-bidding and e-reverse auction for Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) in transmission projects.
- DEEP (Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price) e-Bidding portal: It will provide a common e-bidding platform with e-reverse auction facility to facilitate nation-wide power procurement through a wider network in order to bring uniformity and transparency in the process of power procurement.
TARANG Mobile Application and portal
Besides, the minister also launched ‘TARANG’ (Transmission App for Real Time Monitoring and Growth) Mobile Application and portal. It will be used to monitor execution of the under construction power transmission projects. It tracks upcoming transmission projects and monitor the progress of Inter-State and Intra-State transmission systems in the country. It shall also include status of stalled/delayed transmission systems in country.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017