Vinay Kumar Singh appointed as MD of NCRTC
Indian Railway Officer Vinay Kumar Singh has been appointed as Managing Director of National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC).
Prior to this appointment, he was working with Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a railway PSU involved in the study of high speed rail corridors.
He was appointed by the search and selection committee through an interview process. The committee comprised of Urban Development Secretary, official from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Railway Board Member (Staff) and expert from World Bank.
About National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
- NCRTC is a nodal implementing agency of the three corridors of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) in the National Capital Region (NCR) zone.
- The three rapid rail corridors will connect capital with Panipat, Meerut and Alwar.
- Headquarter: New Delhi.
- Functions: Undertake design construction, operation and maintenance of the RRTS project on a similar pattern as the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- RRTS: It uses the maglev technology recommended by High Speed Rail Authority (HSRA) to provide high speed travel services compared to current Delhi Metro.
- RRTS corridors will facilitate high-speed travel connectivity between the capital and suburb covering Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Categories: Persons in News 2017