11th Maitree Diwas: North East Industrial Corridor to be set up
Defense Minister on November 14, 2019 addressed at the 11th Maitree Diwas in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. During his address, he announced several new plans of the government to develop the region
Government new plans
- Government plans to set up a North East Industrial Corridor. It will help create job opportunities for the people in the North East
- The Arunachal Corridor, in specific will act as a bridge between India and South East Asia
- The corridor will help boost employment opportunities and promote trade and tourism
- Government is implementing the “Act East Policy” through development of North East India
- Hollongi Airport is to be set up near Itanagar. Also, three major strategic railway lines are to be established
- Government plans all weather connectivity to the local population. The connectivity will also facilitate the movement of armed forces.
- The plans are to be executed by 2024.
Maitree Diwas is a 2-day socio-military cultural program that is jointly organized by Tawang Civil Administration and Indian Army. The program is organized to celebrate special relationship between the people of Tawang and the Indian army. This year, the theme was
Theme: Know your army.
The objective of the event is to encourage the youths to join armed forces
Categories: Important Days and Events