Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned the second 40 MW hydropower generating unit at the Teesta low dam hydroelectric project (HEP) stage IV in West Bengal.
The hydropower generating unit was successfully installed at the Teesta low dam HEP, a run-of-the-river greenfield project, located in Darjeeling district of the West Bengal.
- Teesta low dam HEP is being set up by National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC).
- BHEL’s Bhopal, Jhansi, Rudrapur, Mumbai and Bengaluru facilities had supplied equipment for the project and execution of work was undertaken on site is being.
- The estimated annual energy (power) generation from the project is around 720 million units.
- It is expected to reduce green-house gas (GHGs) emissions and will help in achieving a low carbon development path for the state as well as the nation.
So far, BHEL has commissioned nearly 400 hydro generating sets of various ratings with a cumulative capacity of around 20,000 MW in the country.
Month: Current Affairs – March, 2016 Categories: States
Tags: BHEL • Current Affairs 2016 • Power sector • States • West Bengal
The Haryana Legislative Assembly has unanimously passed the Haryana Backward Classes (Reservation in services and admission in educational institutions) Bill, 2016.
- The bill seeks to provide reservation in services and admission in educational institutions to persons belonging to backward classes including Jats and five other castes.
- The backward classes have been divided into three blocks as Block A, Block B and Block C.
- Jats, Jat Sikhs, Ror, Bishnoi, Tyagi and Mulla/Muslim Jat have been included in the Block C.
- It provides to give 10 percent reservation to these castes for class III and class IV posts and 6% in class 1 and class 2 posts.
- These castes will be given 10 percent reservation for admission in educational institutions.
State Legislative Assembly also passed Haryana Backward Classes Commission Bill, 2016 for institution of a permanent Backward Classes Commission.
Month: Current Affairs – March, 2016 Categories: Constitution & Law
Tags: Bills and Acts • Current Affairs 2016 • Harayana • Reservation