22nd edition of Delhi Book Fair begins
The 22nd edition of the Delhi Book Fair (DBF) began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The nine day event will conclude on 4th of September 2016.
Focus of the this edition of DBF will be to highlight initiatives undertaken by Union Government for its Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan to inculcate better reading habits among the younger generation.
- The Delhi Book Fair has been organised by Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) in association with Federation of Indian Publishers.
- National campaigns launched in the past two years by Union Government will be highlighted in the Theme Pavillion.
- Initiatives like Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Digital India, Skill India, Startup India, Smart Cities and Startup India will dominate these pavillions.
- It will also showcase a wide range of fictions and non-fictions, academic books besides plenty of children’s literature.
- It will also showcase other varieties of publications including digital innovations, in order to promote literacy and higher education among children and the youth.
- Exhibitors will include both Indian and foreign publishers, book sellers and distributors, educational institutions, periodicals and magazines and e-books
- Special facilities will be offered for students and the teaching community, who will be provided free entry to the fair.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017