44th New Delhi World Book Fair begins
The 44th edition of the New Delhi World Book Fair began at Pragati Maidan in national capital. The theme for this edition of the event is ‘Manushi– Books Written on and by Women’.
It was inaugurated by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Human Resources Development (Higher Education) Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- The nine-day event has been organised by National Book Trust (NBT), under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development. While, India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) is the Co-organizer.
- Based on the theme, the fair will exhibit the rich tradition of women writings from ancient times till the present.
- Posters and panels of some of the eminent women scholars of ancient and medieval India, and women pioneers of modern India be showcased in the presentation.
- Nearly 800 publishers from across the country and abroad are participating in it. About 20 countries including China, France, Germany, Egypt, Japan and Iran are taking part in the Foreign Pavilion.
- Books on different genres like fiction, poetry, social science, and children’s literature are forming the main ingredients of the exhibition.
- The NBT which is celebrating 60 years of its foundation, will showcase its journey in promoting books and reading at a special exhibit called ‘This is no looking back’.
- The exhibit will display the varied activities that have been undertaken NBT in promoting books including organising book fairs.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018