46th Raising Day of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) observed
On 10 March 2015, 46th Raising Day of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was observed.
On the occasion of CISF Raising Day, President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted all the CISF officers, soldiers, civilians, ex-servicemen and their families.
About Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is a central armed police force under the aegis of Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It was initially established under the Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968 to protect major PSUs. However, it was converted to an armed force with a larger ambit under an amendment to the Act in 1983.
- Now, CISF provides security to industrial ventures and establishments, VIPs and engages in disaster management amongst others.
- It also has a Fire Wing to response to fire emergencies/accidents. With a force larger than 1,65,000 it is the largest security force in the world.
- The incumbent Director General of CISF is IPS Officer Arvind Ranjan.
Categories: Governance & Politics