5th India-Arab partnership conference held in Muscat, Oman
The fifth edition of the India-Arab Partnership Conference was held in Muscat, Oman from December 14 to 15, 2016. Theme of the conference was ‘Partnership towards innovation and cooperation in IT’.
It was organised by the Oman Foreign Ministry, Arab League Secretariat in association with the Union Ministry of External Affairs of India.
- The aim of the conferences was to enhance flow of investments from both sides, accelerate the investment projects of prioritized sectors, provide conducive environment for export promotion.
- It discussed several important topics in fields of technology, innovation, health, pharma sector, clean technology, renewable energy, food security, education, skills development and tourism sector.
- Around 500 representatives including from the Arab League and Indian government officials, businessmen, investors and academicians participated in the conference.
- Other collaboration partners of the conference included Federation of Arab Businessmen (FAB) and the General Union of Arab Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Agriculture (GUCCIA).
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Oman Chamber of Commerce were the coordinating agencies. Besides, nine other chambers from the Arab States also participated.
Categories: Economy & Banking Current Affairs