6 Indian-Americans receive 2015 Ellis Island Medals of Honor in US
Six Indian-Americans and a British-Indian were presented prestigious 2015 Ellis Island Medals of Honor in United States for their contributions to America.
They were among nearly 100 individuals who were presented this prestigious award recently in New York.
Indian-American winners include
- Meera Gandhi- Founder of The Giving Back Foundation. It had played important role alleviating poverty illness, and suffering and also had addressed education issues which affect women and children around the world.
- Chad P Gehani- Former president of the New York State Dental Association. In 2006, was honored with Foundation of Excellence in Community Service Award by the New York State Dental Foundation.
- Rahul M Jindal- Presently he is a Staff Transplant Surgeon at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. In 2013, he was awarded Leadership Award by the International Leadership Foundation in Washington.
- S Mona Sinha- Chairperson of the Asian Women’s Leadership University (AWLU) Project, and is founding member of AWLU that focuses on empowering women as future leaders of Asia.
- K V Kumar- He is managing partner of Kumar & Talvadkar Associates, a Management Consulting Company. He was instrumental in successfully implementing various projects in different fields.
- Baroness Sandip Verma: Member of the House of Lords of United Kingdom. He is a former junior minister at the Department of Energy and Climate Change in the UK.
- Rajdeep K Dhami
About Ellis Island Medals of Honor
- It is an American award founded by the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations.
- The award pays homage to the immigrant for their experience and contribution made to America.
- It is awarded to native-born and naturalized US citizens.
Categories: Awards & Honours