63rd National Film Awards 2015
The 63rd National Film Awards for year 2015 were announced on 28 March 2016.
Baahubali: The Beginning (Tamil, Telugu) directed by S. S. Rajamouli was selected as the Best feature film. Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Hindi) directed by Kabir Khan was selected as the Best Popular film providing wholesome entertainment.
The 63rd National Film Awards in the various categories are as follows
- Best Actor: Amitabh Bachchan (Piku).
- Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut (Tanu Weds Manu Returns).
- Best Direction: Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Bajirao Mastani).
- Best Film on Social Issues: Niranayakam (Malayalam) directed by V. K. Prakash.
- Best Supporting Actor: Samuthirakani for the film Visaranai (Tamil).
- Best Supporting Actress: Tanvi Azmi for the film Bajirao Mastani (Hindi).
- Best Children’s Film: Duronto (Hindi) directed by Soumnedra Padhi.
- Best Child Artist: Gaurav Menon for the film Ben (Malayalam).
- Special Jury Award: Margarita with a Straw (Hindi) directed by Kalki Koechlin.
- Best Cinematography: Remo D’Souza for the film Bajirao Mastani (Hindi).
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director: Neeraj Ghaywan for the film Masaan (Hindi).
- Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration: Nanak Shah Fakir (Punjabi) directed by Sartaj Singh Pannu.
About National Film Awards
- The National Film Awards are most prominent most prominent film award ceremonies in India.
- Established: 1954. Since then awarded annually.
- Winners in different categories of these awards are selected by the national panel of Juries appointed by Union Government.
- These awards are presented by the President of India in the official ceremony.