66th Cannes Film Festival: Top honor to ‘Blue is the Warmest Colour’
Recently concluded 66th Cannes Film Festival held in Cannes, France conferred honors on some of the best films from across the world. The top award- the Palme d’Or went to Blue is the Warmest Colour (La Vie D’Adèle Chapitres) directed by French-Tunisian filmmaker Abdellatif Kechiche.
The film which starred Adele Exarchopoulos and Lea Seydoux is cinematic adaptation of a novel by Julie Maroh.
- Grand Prix: Inside Llewyn Davis directed by Coen brothers
- Jury Prize: Like Father, Like Son directed by Hirokazu Kore-Eda
- Best Director Prize: Mexico’s Amat Escalante for his film Heli
- Best Actor prize: Bruce Dern for Nebraska
- Best Actress prize: Berenice Bejo of France for her role in The Past