70 crore Aadhaar cards generated so far
Government has announced that as many as 70.43 crore Aadhaar numbers have been generated by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as on November 15, 2014.
It was notified by Planning Minister Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
As per Government
- The Aadhaar saturation level is more than 90 per cent in 9 states and union territories (UTs).
- Between 75 per cent and 90 per cent in another 8 states/UTs.
- In the remaining 12 states/UTs, the Aadhaar saturation level is under 50 per cent.
- Government has allocated 24 states/UTs to UIDAI for Aadhaar enrolment and the remaining 12 states/UTs to Registrar General of India (RGI) for enrolment under National Population Register (NPR) process.
- At present, Aadhaar enrolments in the state/UTs not allocated to UIDAI are being undertaken by Registrar General of India under NPR process.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017
Tags: Current Affairs - 2017