70th BAFTA Awards 2017
The 70th British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards ceremony was held at the Royal Albert Hall in London. This year the BAFTA awards were conferred for the outstanding performances in films and documentaries screened at British Cinemas in 2016. La La Land won the most awards at the event, winning five and was also most nominated in 11 categories.
- Best Film: La La Land
- Best Director: Damien Chazelle (La La Land)
- Best Actor: Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea)
- Best Actress: Emma Stone (La La Land)
- Best Supporting Actor: Dev Patel (Lion)
- Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis (Fences)
- Best Original Music: La La Land
- Best Original Screenplay: Manchester by the Sea
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Lion
- Best Cinematography: La La Land
- Best Editing: Hacksaw Ridge
- Best British Short Film: Home
- Best British Film: I, Daniel Blake
- Best Film Not in the English Language: Son of Saul
- Best Documentary: 13th
- Best Animated Film: Kubo and the Two Strings
- Best Costume Design: Jackie
- Best Make Up & Hair: Florence Foster Jenkins
- Best Sound: Arrival
- Best Special Visual Effects: The Jungle Book
- Best British Short Animation: A Love Story
- EE Rising Star Award: Tom Holland
- BAFTA Fellowship: Mel Brooks
- Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema: Curzon Cinemas
- Best Production Design: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Best Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer: Babak Anvari (Writer/Director), Emily Leo, Oliver Roskill, Lucan Toh (Producers) for Under the Shadow
About British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards
- The British Academy Film Awards are annual award presented by British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to honour the best British and international contributions to film.
- The award was founded in 1947 by the British Film Academy. In 1958, the academy merged with The Guild of Television Producers and Directors to form The Society of Film and Television and later BAFTA in 1976.
- The award presented consists of a theatrical mask designed by American sculptor Mitzi Cunliffe.
Categories: Awards Current Affairs 2017