7th National Photography Awards
The 7th National Photography Awards were presented by Union Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore. The seventh edition of National Photography Awards was organised at National Media Centre in New Delhi.
The theme for the Professional category was “Women-led Development” and theme for Amateur category was “Fairs and Festivals of India”.
A total of 13 awards were presented during the ceremony. The Lifetime Achievement Award has a cash prize of Rs.3,00,000. The awards in Professional Photographer of the Year category and Amateur Photographer of the Year category had a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000 and Rs.75,000 respectively. 5 Special Mention Awards in both Professional and Amateur categories were awarded with cash prize of Rs.50,000/- and Rs.30,000/- each respectively. The winner’s list is enlisted below:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Shri Ashok Dilwali.
- Professional Photographer of the Year – Shri SL Shanth Kumar.
- Amateur Photographer of the Year – Shri Gurdeep Dhiman.
- Special Mention Awards (Professional) – Shri Arun Sreedhar, Shri P.V. Sunderrao, Shri Kailash Mittal, Shri Mihir Singh, Ms Ranita Roy.
- Special Mention Awards (Amateur) – Shri V. Ravi Kumar, Ms. S. Neelima, Shri Manish Jaisi, Shri Mahesh Balasaheb Lonkar, Shri Avijit Datta.
National Photography Awards
National Photography Awards are presented by the Photo Division under Ministry of I&B. The Photo Division previously existed as a separate Unit and now has been brought under the aegis of PIB.
National Photography Awards aims to promote art and technique of photography and to encourage professional and amateur photographers from all corners of the country.