Acclaimed US actor Leonard Nimoy passes away
Acclaimed US actor Leonard Nimoy passed away on 27 February 2015 in Los Angeles. He was 83 and died of end stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
He was best known for his half-human, half-Vulcan character of Mr Spock in the cult sci-fi series Star Trek.
About Leonard Nimoy
- Leonard Nimoy was born in 26 March 1931.
- In 1950s, he started his career in teaching acting classes at Hollywood and making minor film and television appearances.
- In 1965, for first time he appeared in rejected role in Star Trek as pilot The Cage. From 1966-69, he played the role of Spock in original Star Trek series.
- The character of Spock had a significant cultural impact and had garnered Nimoy three Emmy Award nominations. He also had appeared in multiple films, television series and video games.
- Autobiography- two volumes, I Am Not Spock (1975) and I Am Spock (1995).
Categories: Persons in News 2017