AIR starts its First-Ever Sanskrit News Programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’
From 4th July 2020, All India Radio (AIR) FM news channel will be broadcasting its first-ever news programme in Sanksrit language for 20 minutes duration. All India Radio has named the news programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’.
Sanskrit Saptahiki will be broadcasted every Saturday. Repeat broadcast will be available on Sundays. The news program will have the following components:
- Sukti: This will be the opening segment. It will be in the form of a shloka, a quote from Sanskrit literature will be explained in this segment as a shloka
- Prasang: A story from Indian epics, history or from the art and culture field of India
- Saptahiki: Top news of the week
- Sanskrit Darshan: News from the world of Sanskrit
- Gyan Vigyan: An interview with a prominent Sanskrit language literate
- Ek Bharat- Shreshtha Bharat: Sanksrit to Hindi translation of five commonly used words
- Anvikshiki: This will be the closing segment in which with focus on India’s culture and tradition, Major historical events of the week will be covered
‘Vaartavali’ completed 5 years of continues broadcast
On 4th July 2020, DD News has completed the 5 years of the continuous broadcast of Sanskrit News Magazine ‘Vaartavali’. The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi congratulated DD News for the completion of the successful 5 years.