Airbus launched new subsidiary Airbus India
The French company Airbus launched its wholly owned subsidiary in India called Airbus India.
About Airbus India
- Fifth country subsidiary outside Europe for the Airbus.
- Objective: To restructure the Airbus operations in India and consolidate it to tap the growing Indian aviation market.
- Will include strategy, customer services and procurement teams under one organization.
- Would also set up customer centres in Delhi and Mumbai.
- New Chief Executive Officer: Mr. Srinivasan Dwarakanath.
- Chairman: Mr. Charles Champion.
- Would manage the company’s Indian footprint spread across several sites.
- Plan to set up a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) capability.
Note: Airbus is the world’s leading commercial aircraft manufacturer and is owned by the Airbus Group and has subsidiaries in the United States, India, Japan and China.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017