Ajay Mathur appointed as Director-General of TERI
Ajay Mathur has been appointed as Director-General (DG) of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
Decision in this regard was taken by TERI’s governing council which comprised prominent corporate personalities like Deepak Parekh, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Naina Lal Kidwai and Hemendra Kothari.
He will succeed Nobel laureate RK Pachauri who was removed from the top most position over sexual harassment charges.
Currently, Mathur is working as the Director General of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) of the Union Government.
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
- TERI is a non-profit research institution that conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development.
- Established: in 1974 as Tata Energy Research Institute and was renamed The Energy and Resources Institute in 2003.
- Focus: It aims to focus on formulating local and national level strategies for shaping global solutions to critical issues.
- Presently it has over 1200 employees especially research professionals from different disciplines pertaining to issues of environment and energy.
- In 2013, it was ranked as the topmost global think-tank by the International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG).