Arun Jaitley launches FM transmission of Vividh Bharati Service of Delhi
FM transmission of Vividh Bharati Service was launched by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley on 14 April 2015.
It was launched at function held at New Broadcasting House of All India Radio (AIR) in Delhi.
- Vividh Bharti service will be available on 100.1 Megahertz (MHz) frequency. It will be also available on mobile phone.
- It will be available to listeners in and around Delhi within a range of 60-65 km.
- Listeners will now enjoy the programmes with much clarity at all times in all weather conditions without any hitch.
About Vividh Bharati
- It is a service of All India Radio (AIR).
- First Aired on: October 2, 1957.
- Programmes offered: Mix of film music, skits, short plays and interactive programmes.
- Vividh Bharati is also known to have the largest collection of film and non-film songs in India.