Arun Singh named as new Indian Ambassador to US
Senior IFS officer, Arun Singh has been named as new Indian Ambassador to US. Prior to this announcement he was serving as India’s Ambassador of France.
Arun Singh will replace S Jaishankar, who was appointed as Foreign Secretary.
About Arun Singh
- Singh is a 1979-batch IFS officer. His first assignment abroad was at the Indian Embassy Moscow from 1981-1982.
- He has served at the Indian Missions in Addis Ababa and in Tokyo. He also has served as joint secretary in-charge to Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan division in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Singh also has served at the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations Office, New York (1993-1997) as Counsellor and had handled multilateral social and economic negotiations.
- Earlier, Singh had served as ambassador to Israel (2005-2008) and later was served as deputy chief of mission in Washington (2008-2013.).
- Singh was appointed as ambassador to France in 2013.
Categories: Persons in News 2018