ASCI launches ASCIonline mobile app to curb misleading advertisements
Advertising Standard Council of India (ASCI) has launched ASCIonline, a mobile application in a bid to address misleading advertisements.
The application will provide consumers/users platform to report complaint services for misleading advertisements on a mobile apart from ASCI’s online complaint facility. It is India’s first consumer complaint mobile app.
The mobile app is available free of cost on playstore (for android devices) and istore (for apple devices).
Key features of ASCIOnline app
- Consumer can file or report a complaint by simply providing advertisement details and objection.
- Complaints may also include media files such as image or video or YouTube link of that advertisement.
- The history of all previously registered complaints can be checked along with the latest status and other details.
- Status of the complaints can be simply tracked by providing the tracking code of the complaint.
- After change in status of complaint, consumers will receive automatic push notification.
About Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)
- ASCI is a self-regulatory voluntary non-governmental organization (NGO) of the advertising industry in India.
- Aim- To maintain and enhance the public’s confidence in advertising.
- It was established in 1985 by three main constituents of advertising industry viz advertisers, advertising agencies and media.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking