Assam Government launches Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana
Assam Government has launched Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) to bring about paradigm shift towards holistic development of villages in the state.
The scheme is a mega mission aimed at bringing in revolutionary changes by doubling the farm income in the State. As per Situation Assessment Survey (period from 2002-03 to 2012-13), the farm income in Assam was recorded only 0.88% as against national average of 5.2%.
About Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana
- The scheme has financial outlay of Rs. 30,000 crore and will be implemented in all the villages in Assam in the next five years culminating in 2021-22.
- It will be implemented through ‘saturation model’ by covering each revenue village through focused interventions in direct economic activities, logistic support including market linkages, and community support.
- It will put in concerted efforts in a time bound manner to stimulate rural productivity by facilitating massive investments in rural areas for complete rural transformation in a period of 5 years.
- Under the scheme, five teams will be constituted in each block to work as a catalyst to implement different missions of the programme. These teams will prepare development plans to be implemented in each village.
- Under it, scheme village knowledge centre will be set up in each village and by bringing in synergy between it and MGNREGA, playground will be built in each village.