AYUSH Ministry launches Swasthya Raksha Programme
The Union AYUSH Ministry has launched ‘Swasthya Raksha Programme’ to promote health and health education in villages.
The programme was initiated through Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) and Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS). It was launched by AYUSH Ministry in October 2015.
Aims and objectives of Swasthya Raksha Programme
- Organize Swasthya Parikshan Camps, Swasthya Rakshan OPDs and Health and Hygiene awareness programme
- Create awareness about cleanliness of domestic surroundings and environment.
- Provide medical aid and incidental support in the adopted villages and colonies.
- Document demographic information, hygiene conditions, food habits, seasons, lifestyle etc., incidence and prevalence of disease and their relation to the incidence of disease.
- Assess health status and propagation of Ayurvedic concept of pathya-apathya and extension of health care services.