BCCI re-appoints Rajeev Shukla as IPL Governing Council chairman
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has re-appointed Rajeev Shukla as chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council.
Previously, he was IPL chairman till 2013 but had resigned from the post after the IPL ‘spot-fixing’ scandal.
Former Indian Cricket team Captain Sourav Ganguly was also selected in the IPL Governing Council.
Head of Senior national selection committee, Sandeep Patil was retained for another season in the IPL Governing Council along with Team India Director Ravi Shastri.
Former captain Anil Kumble also has been retained as chairman of the Technical committee IPL Governing Council while Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia will head the powerful finance committee.
Other members of IPL Governing Council are
- Jagmohan Dalmiya (BCCI president) – Chairman of the Constitution Review Committee.
- Chetan Desai- Head the Marketing Committee.
- Gokaraju Gangaraju- In-charge of the Tours and Programmes Committee.
- Biswarup Dey- Head of the Media Committee.
- Anurag Thakur- Head of Affiliations Committee.