Bengali actor Pijush Ganguly passes away
Bengali film, television and stage actor Pijush Ganguly passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was 50.
Ganguly died because of multiple organ failure after he was critically injured in a road accident on 20 October 2015 at Santragachi in Howrah district.
About Pijush Ganguly
- Ganguly was born on 2 January 1965 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He had started his career as an employee of NABARD and later shifted to acting career.
- His acting career began as a stage actor and later worked in television and films. He had started his television career with TV series Abar Jakher Dhan.
- He had acted in acclaimed films like Goynar Baksha, Byomkesh Phire Elo,Laptop, Iti Srikanta and Mahulbanir Sereng.
- Awards: Pramathesh Barua Award (1991), Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Actor (2005), Government of West Bengal (Information and Cultural Affairs) Tele Academy Award (2014) etc.
Categories: Persons in News 2017