Bengaluru ranked world’s most dynamic city: JLL Index
According to recently released Jones Lang LaSalle’s City Momentum Index (CMI), Bengaluru (capital of Karnatak) has emerged as the most dynamic city in the world.
The index tracks the speed of change of a city’s economy and commercial real estate market. It covers 134 major established and emerging business hubs and ranks them on parameters like technology, connectivity, population, education and real estate investments.
- Top 10 cities in 2017 CMI: Bengaluru (India), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Silicon Valley (US), Shanghai (China), Hyderabad (India), London (UK), Austin (US), Hanoi (Vietnam), Boston (US) and Nairobi (Kenya).
- Most dynamic cities around the world share the ability to embrace technological change, absorb rapid population growth and strengthen global connectivity.
- Cities in India, China and Vietnam, along with several in the United States head the list of the world’s fastest changing cities.
- In this edition of CMI, cities from Asia-Pacific region comprise half of the top 30 fastest-changing cities. India has over taken China as home to some of the world’s most dynamic cities.
- Six Indian cities feature in the CMI Global Top 30 that includes Pune (13th rank), Chennai (17th), Delhi (23rd), Mumbai (25th).