Bharatiya Mahila Bank wins Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015
Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) has won The Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015.
The award was presented to the BMB in the Technology Implementation category of Best Outsourcing Project (New Bank).
Usha Ananthasubramanian, Chairman and Managing Director of BMB received the award at a function held in Hongkong as a part of The Asian Banker Summit 2015.
About Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB)
- BMB is India’s first all-women public sector bank and was formally launched on November 19, 2013.
- Its objective is to focus on the banking needs of the women and promote economic empowerment.
- It also seeks to address the gender related issues and will be helpful in financial inclusion.
- In Budget 2013-14, Union Government had approved Rs 1,000-crore seed capital for the bank.
- Headquarter of Bharatiya Mahila Bank is located in New Delhi.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking