BHEL commissions Andhra Pradesh’s first canal top solar plant at Bhimavaram
Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a seasonwise tiltable canal top solar PV plant at Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
It is the first canal top project in Andhra Pradesh and also of its kind project to be executed by BHEL.
- The project has been developed by New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (NREDCAP).
- Its power generation is about 10 per cent more than a fixed Module Mounting Arrangement (MMA).
- It also has movable walkway which provides easy access, facilitating efficient maintenance of the plant.
- The plant has elevated control room with bottom cable entry which prevents it from the water during floods.
- The Module Mounting Structure (MMS) of the plant has a unique design which incorporates additional functionalities like cable support, lighting and fencing.
Categories: States Current Affairs - 2017