Bhupendra Kainthola takes charge as FTII Director
Indian Information Service (IIS) officer Bhupendra Kainthola took charge as Director of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
Kainthola replaced Prashant Pathrabe, who had served as interim Director and shall have tenure of three years.
About Bhupendra Kainthola
- Kainthola is a 1989 batch IIS officer. He holds a Masters in International Relations from the University of Mumbai.
- Prior to this appointment he was serving as Director (News Room) with DD News since January 2015.
- He was responsible for ‘management of news operations and output’. Previously, he has worked with PIB, Directorate of Audio Visual Publicity (DAVP), Directorate of Film Festival (as Director, National Film Awards and Indian Panorama) and also with the Lok Sabha Television.
About Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)
- FTII is premier institute in the country that provides training for acting, film making, video editing, direction and production.
- It is an autonomous body under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Established in 1960 and is situated in Pune on the premises of the erstwhile Prabhat Film Company.
- Since its inception, FTII has become India’s premier film and television institute. Its alumni have become technicians, actors and directors in the film and television industry.