BRICS drug control meeting begins in New Delhi
The second anti-drug working group meeting of heads of anti-narcotics agencies of BRICS countries began in New Delhi to discuss issues related to narco-terrorism and money laundering.
The one day meeting was inaugurated Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. It has been organised by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) of India.
- The meeting will see participation of delegates from the BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa) member countrie.
- The Indian delegation will be headed by Rajeev Rai Bhatnagar, Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- It will comprise officers from the Department of Revenue, Union Ministry of Finance, Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Union Ministry of Health and Family welfare and Narcotics Control Bureau, Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The anti-drug working group meeting of heads of anti-narcotics agencies has been organised by India in accordance with the ‘eThekwani Declaration’ adopted during the BRICS summit in March 2013 at Durban, South Africa.
- Under the ‘eThekwani Declaration’ BRICS countries had decided to explore economic issues and various new areas of cooperation among the member States including drug-related issues.
Categories: Events & Observances