BRICS Women Parliamentarians forum passes Jaipur Declaration
BRICS Women Parliamentarians forum has unanimously passed the Jaipur Declaration on the concluding day of the Forum’s meeting held in Jaipur.
The 19-point declaration was adopted at the two-day meeting of BRICS Women Parliamentarians forum held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
The meeting was attended by heads and members of delegation from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Key highlights of Jaipur Declaration
- Strengthen strategic partnership between members on all three dimensions of sustainable development viz., economic growth, social inclusion and environmental protection.
- Parliamentarians expressed concern over the climate change on ecological systems, biodiversity and as well as food security (i.e. food production).
- Members will focus to work out integrated solutions to preserve and protect ecological systems and forests.
- It also called upon international financial institutions (FIs) to extend support to developing and least developed countries.
- The FIs should help developing and least developed countries gain easier access to new and affordable technologies as envisaged under UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) and the Paris Agreement.
- Emphasized the need to inform, communicate and educate citizens about developmental schemes.
- Emphasized on plans for incorporating gender concerns and greater involvement of women parliamentarians in integrating citizens in the development process.