Budha Rashmi Mani appointed as Director General of National Museum
Former Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) official Dr. Budha Rashmi Mani was appointed as Director General (DG) of National Museum.
He was appointed by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He will have tenure of 3 years or till attainment of age 70.
About Budha Rashmi Mani
- Budha Rashmi Mani is retired as Additional Director General (ADG) of the ASI in 2015. He is BHU (Banaras Hindu University) alumnus and holds PhD on the Kushanas.
- During his 30 archaeological career, he led excavations in Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Earlier in 2003, he had led the excavation team in the disputed Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya.
- He is also serving as the General Secretary of the Indian Archaeological Society (IAS). He edits the journal Puratattva of IAS.
About National Museum
- The National Museum is also known as the National Museum of India.
- It is one of the largest museums in India. It functions under the Union Ministry of Culture.
- It was established in 1949 and is located at Janpath and Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi.
- It holds variety of articles ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art. It has around 200,000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign origin, covering over 5,000 years.
Categories: Persons in News