Cabinet approves India and Morocco Agreement Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters. The Agreement will be beneficial for citizens of both the countries. It will also fulfill desire of both countries to strengthen bonds of friendship and fruitful cooperation in Civil and Commercial matters. It will also enhance co-operation in the service of summons, judicial documents, letters of request and the execution of judgments decrees and arbitral awards.
Salient features of agreement
- Service of summons and other judicial documents or processes;
- Taking of evidence in civil matters;
- Production, identification or examination of documents, recordings;
- Execution of Letter of Request for taking of evidence in civil matters; and
- Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking