Art & Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Art & Culture Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. Latest developments in Art & Culture Current 2018-19 all important national updates.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A Two-day Yoga Mahotsava which will be a Curtain Raiser for upcoming International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2019 was inaugurated by Shri Rajeev Kumar, Vice-Chairman, NITI AYOG at New Delhi. He also presented theme for IDY 2019 as ‘Yoga for Heart’.
- Objective: To sensitize the masses for celebration of IDY 2019, this will be observed on 21 June.
- Organised by: The Yoga Mahotsav-2019 is being organised by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) under Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
- Significance: Yoga teaches us to live with nature rather than conquering it which makes the Indian Philosophy of ‘Vasudhaiv Kutubkam’ possible and promotes harmony and peace across globe.
- Apps Launched: On the occasion Ministry of AYUSH announced two Applications elated to International Day of Yoga 2019-
- Yoga Locator– which is specially designed for IDY to record and show Yoga events across the world.
- Bhuvan App – which has been designed in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). It will provide geo time location and documentation during IDY 2019.
- Sessions: in a two day Yoga Mahotsav-2019 several special sessions were also organised-
- Know about Yoga – for the Yoga enthusiasts, in this session historical, medical and educational prospects of Yoga will be discussed with participants in detail.
- My self-experience in Yoga-A Motivational Journey – is an exclusive session which is being held seeing the participation of huge number of youngsters, an exclusive session.
- Celebrity Sessions – is specially scheduled session.
International Yoga Day is one of the biggest mass movement for health and wellness. In today’s world natural and traditional medicine system is flourishing not only in India but across the globe. Therefore, Ministry of AYUSH strives towards research and development of yoga, Ayurveda and other natural and traditional medicinal systems. The need is also to popularizing the yogic culture through the medium of social media.
John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences which is popularly known as Oscar Academy, e-launched the Hindi translation of Academy Publication “Digital Dilemma”, in Delhi. The Oscar Academy works towards goal of advancing arts and sciences of motion pictures.
- Oscar Academy President John Bailey launched Hindi version of ‘Digital Dilemma’ by National Film Archive of India (NFAI).
- Developments: The Academy’s Science and Technology Council in its landmark report, examined ways in which key players in movie business currently stores and access digital data. With years of research the S&T council discovered that issues related to digital storage reliability are far beyond lost snapshots and spreadsheets.
- Digital Dilemma: an Academy publication is written by Milt Shelton and Andy Maltz and has been translated in many global languages. It discusses challenges of efficiently archiving and accessing massive data in the long term.
- MoU: National Film Archive of India (NFAI) had signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oscar Academy to translate the publication into Hindi so that it can benefit various stakeholders in India. The NFAI emphasised on need of Hindi version of publication so that it would benefit different stakeholders in country.
- NFAI: is India’s premier organisation in film preservation, conservation and restoration. It runs under the aegis of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Significance: the translation of the Academy publication into hindi is important so as to reach out to the film fraternity in India. The technological changes in the film storage mediums throw many challenges thus this book will help film makers in understanding and planning the storage of born-digital material.
Tags: Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences • Digital Dilemma • Indian Film Industry • Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) • National Film Archive of India (NFAI) • Oscar Academy President John Bailey