Art & Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Art & Culture Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. Latest developments in Art & Culture Current 2018-19 all important national updates.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor. The project envisions a massive makeover of the holy shrine and its surrounding areas. This massive makeover is the first after the 1780 AD when the Maratha queen Ahilyabai Holkar of Indore renovated the temple and the area surrounding it.
About the Project
- The proposed 50-feet corridor will directly connect Ganga’s Manikarnika and Lalita Ghat to the Kashi Vishwanath Jyotirlinga Temple.
- Along the corridor, pilgrims and travellers will see a newly built museum and depicting Varanasi’s ancient history and culture
- New Yagyashalas for religious functions like havan and yagya are proposed under the
- The project also includes lodgings for priests, volunteers and pilgrims together with an enquiry centre to help the tourists about the city and its other places of attractions and amenities
- A massive auditorium for gatherings, meetings and temple functions.
- Food Street to serve tourists and pilgrims luscious Banarasi and Awadhi dishes.
- The total cost of the project is pegged at Rs 600 crore.
The Kashi Vishwanath temple located on the left bank of the holy river Ganga is surrounded by narrow and small, claustrophobic lanes. As a result, it struggles to manage humongous crowds in its congested lanes during festive times, which is literally round the year. The corridor will ease the congestion and provide the pilgrims and travellers other amenities such as wider and cleaner roads and lanes, better lighting with bright street lights, and clean drinking water.
The ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle was inaugurated at the Red Fort premises.
Azaadi ke Diwane Museum
- The Museum is built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The Museum pays homage to hundreds of freedom fighters who do not find mention in popular culture.
- The Museum has attempted to document these unsung hero’s contributions to India’s Freedom Struggle.
- The Museum pays tribute to the selfless sacrifices of the revolutionaries, brave women freedom fighters and valiant children.
- The Museum is part of Kranti Mandir Series to inspire the younger generation and to let them know the cost of freedom that the great fighters achieved by sacrificing their lives.
- Azaadi ke Diwane is a digitised and interactive museum with a state-of-the-art, informative and educational exhibition allowing the visitors to engage with the exhibits through multi-sensor technology.
Kranti Mandir Series
Kranti Mandir is India’s tribute to the revolutionary zeal and courage of the great freedom fighters. Other Museums which are part of the Kranti Mandir series are Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Yaad-e-Jallian Museum and Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence were inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the eve of Republic Day.
Tags: Archaeological Survey of India • ASI • Azaadi ke Diwane Museum • Freedom Struggle • Kranti Mandir Series • Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence • Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum • Red Fort • Yaad-e-Jallian Museum