Art & Culture Current Affairs - 2020
Latest Art & Culture Current Affairs 2019-2020 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. Latest developments in Art & Culture with all important art and culture current affairs updates.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
In a unique gesture to mark 550th birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak Dev (founder of Sikhism and the first of ten Sikh Gurus), Air India has painted Sikh religious symbol ‘Ik Onkar’ on the tail of one of its aircraft. ‘Ik Onkar’ religious symbol is a central tenet of Sikh religious philosophy.
To commemorate the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev also known as Prakash Purb, the national carrier has put the symbol on its Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft which will fly on 31 October. Air India will fly its aircraft thrice a week on Mumbai-Amritsar-Stansted route on Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
The international flight is set to fly from Amritsar to Stansted in London, United Kingdom (UK) and will facilitate Sikh pilgrims visiting Punjab on the occasion.
The gesture is unique as the national carrier Air India has never depicted any religious symbol on its planes, although earlier in October 2019 a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary, it had painted an image of Father of Nation on tail of one of its Airbus A320 aircraft flying on Delhi-Mumbai route.
Tags: 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev • Air India • Boeing 787 • Ik Onkar • Prakash Purb
The ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) recently discovered that the present-day state of Andhra Pradesh had a maritime center near the banks of Swarnamukhi river around 2,000 years ago.
- The excavations were performed at the state’s Gottiprolu that began in December, 2018.
- The ASI unearthed brick-built structures in varied shapes. The sizes of the bricks were common in the Satavahana/Ikshvaku period of the Krishna valley.
- Also, the team unearthed four armed sculptures of Lord Vishnu. The sculpture belongs to Pallava period according to the analysis of headgear and drapery.
- Also, a series of broken terracotta pipes were found. This suggests that the period had a good system of drainage.
- So far, the ASI has excavated about 10% of the site in the first round. The second round is set to begin in November or December, 2019.
- The river is located in southern India
- The Kalyani Dam is constructed across the river at Tirupati city. The shrines Tirupati and Kalahasti are located in the banks of the river.
Tags: Ancient History • Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • Archaeological Sites • Archaeological Survey of India • Archaeology