Art & Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Art & Culture Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. Latest developments in Art & Culture Current 2018-19 all important national updates.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 17th edition of Bharat Rang Mahotsav has begun in New Delhi. It is a theatre festival, organized by National School of Drama (NSD).
It was inaugurated by Culture Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma and National Award-winning actor and NSD alumnus Om Puri.
This year’s edition will showcase more than 200 national and international theatre performances.
International performances will include theatre productions from countries like Poland, Israel, USA, France and Bangladesh.
Bharat Rang Mahotsav
- It was established in 1999 as an annual theatre festival of National School of Drama (NSD).
- Originally it was founded to show case, works of Indian theatre practitioners but later it got international fame and attracted international performers as well.
- Now it is acknowledged as the largest theatre festival of Asia.
- National School of Drama (NSD) is India’s premier theatre training institute operating under the aegis of Union Ministry of Culture.
29th Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun in Faridabad district of Haryana.
It was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar along with Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Raman Singh.
The theme state this year is Chhattisgarh.
Lebanon is the Partner Nation of this year’s Mela and it will be open till 15 February 2015.
- In this Mela, Haryana will present its tribal heritage and culture especially from forests of Bastar which is still well-preserved.
- While, the artistes from Chhattisgarh will showcase various folk dances namely Panthi, Rawat Nacha Pandwani, Chaitra, Kaksar, Saila and Soowa.
- Lebanon as partner nation of the Mela will unveil its ancient heritage of creating crafts in style.
The 18 countries are participating in this year’s Mela. They are Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Qatar, Thailand, Uganda and Syria.
Suraj Kund mela
- It was started in 1987 and is held every year since then from February 1-15 and .
- Traditional craftsman (artists, painters, weavers and sculptors) from all parts of the country participate in this annual celebration named as the “Surajkund Crafts Mela” or “Surajkund designer’s Village”.