Awards Current Affairs 2018
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2018 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2018.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was awarded first ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award. Philip Kotler Presidential Award aims to spread examples of individuals and companies who create an innovative culture for the economic, social and technological advancements of an industry or a country.
Why PM Modi was conferred with the award?
The citation of the award underlines the following achievements of the PM Modi for conferring the award:
- PM Modi was selected for his outstanding leadership for the nation.
- PM Modi’s selfless service towards India, combined with his tireless energy has resulted in extraordinary economic, social and technological advances in the country.
- Under PM Modi’s leadership, India is now identified as the centre for innovation and value-added manufacturing (Make in India), as well as a global hub for professional services such as information technology, accounting and finance
- Modi’s visionary leadership has also resulted in the digital revolution (Digital India), including the Unique Identification Number, Aadhaar, for social benefits and financial inclusion.
- Initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, Digital India and Swachh Bharat have positioned India as one of the most lucrative manufacturing and business destinations in the world
Philip Kotler Presidential Award
Philip Kotler, a professor of marketing at Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management is also known as ‘Father of Modern Marketing’. Apart from marketing, Philip Kotler has extensively written on education, environment, government marketing, healthcare, hospitality, and innovation.
The Philip Kotler Presidential Award is constituted to honour mastery in the field of marketing and management. The award recognises and celebrates achievements of organisations, marketing teams, and individuals in different industries around the world.
Renowned writer Namita Gokhale was awarded Sushila Devi Literature Award for her work “Things to Leave Behind”. She was honoured in the ‘Best Book of Fiction Written by a Woman Author’ category at the inaugural edition of Bhopal Literature and Art Festival.
Sushila Devi Literature Award
Sushila Devi Literature Award is constituted by Ratanlal Foundation. The award recognises the Best Book of Fiction Written by a woman author. It is a newly constituted award and comes with a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
Bhopal Literature and Art Festival
Bhopal Literature and Art Festival was the brainchild of former bureaucrat Raghav Chandra and was Conceptualised by the Society for Culture and Environment, Heartland Stories. The festival draws inspirations from glorious traditions and rich history of Central India. The literature festival is organised by the Society for Culture and Environment, Heartland Stories in association with Sahitya Akademi.
Namita Gokhale is an Indian writer, publisher and festival director who has authored sixteen books including nine works of fiction. She has also conceived and curated over a hundred episodes of ‘Kitaabnama: Books and Beyond’, a book-show broadcast on Indian’s national broadcaster Doordarshan.
Namita Gokhale is a founder-director of the ‘Jaipur Literature Festival’ along with William Dalrymple. She has also served as member-secretary of Indian Literature Abroad (ILA), an initiative by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, to translate and promote contemporary literature from the Indian languages into the major international languages, particularly the six UNESCO languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Russian and Chinese).
Tags: Best Book of Fiction Written by a Woman Author • Bhopal Literature and Art Festival • Heartland Stories • Jaipur Literature Festival • Namita Gokhale • Raghav Chandra • Ratanlal Foundation • Society for Culture and Environment • Sushila Devi Literature Award • Things to Leave Behind