Awards Current Affairs
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Legendary India cricket skipper Kapil Dev will head the Arjuna Awards selection committee for selecting outstanding sportspersons of the country for year 2014. Former hockey captain Ajitpal Singh is expected to head the Dronacharya Awards selection committee.
Each panel will have 15 members, including 12 renowned sportspersons and three officials. The three officials – Director General of the Sports Authority of India and a Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary from the ministry – will be on both panels.
It is worth recalling that for year 2013, Arjuna and Dronacharya awards selection committee’s were chaired by world billiards champion Michael Ferreira and mountaineer H P S Ahluwalia respectively.
Tags: Committees • Current Affairs 2014 • IBPS
The list of Awardees for the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Awards for year 2014 has been announced.
The Awardees are:
- Hu Shuli: An investigative journalist from China whose work was instrumental in the dismissal of corrupt officials. She is the founder and former editor of Caijing a business magazine widely-known for its groundbreaking investigative reporting that has made a significant impact on China.
- Saur Marlina Manurung: The Award recognizes her outstanding efforts to protect and improve the lives of Indonesia’s forest people, and her kinetic leadership of volunteers in SOKOLA’s customized education program.
- Omara Khan Masoudi: The award has been conferred upon him in recognition of his courage, labor, and leadership in preserving Afghan cultural heritage. At great risk to his life, the deputy director of the National Museum of Afghanistan in Kabul led his colleagues in moving some of the museum’s most precious objects to safety during the Taliban’s attack on his country’s cultural treasures in the 1990s.
- The Citizens Foundation from Pakistan: It is an NGO in Pakistan founded by six business leaders. It built 1,000 schools over hundreds of cities and towns in the country which is home to the world’s second highest number of children who are out of school.
- Wang Canfa: He is a Chinese Professor who founded the Center for Legal Assistance to Pollution Victims, which has provided free legal services to thousands of people and imparted environmental law training to lawyers and others.
- Randy Halasan: The award is in recognition of his extraordinary leadership and service to the indigenous Matigsalug tribe. He made huge efforts in teaching the children of the Matigsalug tribe in one of the remotest mountain villages in Mindanao, Philippines.
Ramon Magsaysay Award
The Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest honor and is also regarded as the region’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize. It commemorates the leadership example of the third Philippine president after whom the award is named. The award is conferred every year to individuals or organizations in Asia who manifest the same altruistic and philanthropic service that dominated the life of the late and highly respected Filipino leader.