Awards & Honours Current Affairs - 2019
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development, and Rejuvenation presented 82 National Water Awards in 14 categories for the year 2018. The Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development, and Rejuvenation Arjun Ram Meghwal expressed his happiness over National Water Awards which have been resumed after a gap of 12 years and said that this is a very big step to spread awareness about water conservation. He urged the Ministry to hold National Water Awards every year.
National Water Awards
The National Water Awards were launched in the year 2007 by the Ministry of Water Resources. The objective of National Water Award is to encourage all stakeholder including the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Gram Panchayats, Urban Local Bodies, Water User Associations, Institutions, Corporate Sector, Individuals etc. for adopting innovative practices of groundwater augmentation by rainwater harvesting and artificial recharge, promoting water use efficiency, recycling & re-use of water and creating awareness through people’s participation in the targeted areas resulting into the sustainability of groundwater resources development, adequate capacity building amongst the stakeholders etc.
The awards are presented in 14 categories which include:
- Best State Normal Category
- Best State Special Category
- Best District
- Best Village Panchayat
- Best Municipal Corporation
- Best research/innovation/adaptation of new technology for water conservation
- Best educative/mass awareness efforts
- Best TV show for promoting water conservation
- Best Newspaper
- Best School
- Best Institution for successful campus water usage
- Best Resident Welfare Association (RWA)
- Organizations for Best Religious/Recreational & Tourism Water Uses and
- Best Industry for industrial water conservation.
The National Water Awards were instituted with the objectives of encouraging the stakeholders to adopt a holistic approach towards water resources management in the country.
Tags: Corporate Sector • Gram panchayats • Institutions • National Water Awards • National Water Awards 2018 • NGO • Non-Governmental Organization • Union Minister for Water Resources River Development and Rejuvenation • Urban Local Bodies • Water User Associations
The Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has been honoured with the prestigious ‘FICCI CSR Award’ for Women Empowerment. JSPL was awarded for its innovative and high impact women empowerment programmes, implemented by the company’s CSR Arm – JSPL Foundation, across its operational areas in the country.
FICCI CSR Award
FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Awards were India’s first CSR awards and was instituted in 1999 by FICCI. The award aims to identify and recognize the efforts of companies in integrating and internalizing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Categories of the FICCI CSR Award
- FICCI CSR Award for Women Empowerment.
- FICCI CSR Award for Education, Skill Development and Livelihood.
- FICCI CSR Award for Environment Sustainability.
- FICCI CSR Award for Health, Water and Sanitation.
- Any other ( for domains other than the above four categories).
- FICCI CSR Award for Exemplary Innovation ( irrespective of the turnover of the company).
- FICCI CSR Award for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) – companies having turnover up to INR 200 Crores per annum.
Over the years, a number of companies including HPCL, ITC Limited, Mahindra & Mahindra, Cairn India, SAIL, Tata Tea, Infosys, Tata Chemicals, HINDALCO, TISCO, TELCO, Lupin, Gujarat Ambuja Cement, etc. have been recognised by the FICCI CSR Award for their exemplary work in the area of CSR.