Awards & Honours Current Affairs - 2019
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Aerospace scientist and Chief of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), G Satheesh Reddy has been conferred the Missile Systems Award 2019 by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
Satheesh Reddy shares the award with Rondell J. Wilson, a former Principal Engineering Fellow of Raytheon Missile Systems. He is the first Indian and first person outside the USA to be awarded this prestigious award in nearly four decades.
- Satheesh Reddy is the Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and is considered the architect of advanced missile technologies and smart guided weapons technologies in India.
- Satheesh Reddy was the Project Director for the design and development of the country’s first 1,000 kg class guided bomb which has enhanced precision strike capabilities.
- Satheesh Reddy is also the first scientist from India to receive the Silver Medal from the Royal Aeronautical Society, London.
- Satheesh Reddy has also played a key role in the development of some key systems, including tactical missile systems such as the quick reaction surface-to-air missile, the portable anti-tank guided missile and the HELINA and NAG anti-tank weapons.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is a professional society of Aerospace Engineers. AIAA aims to ignite and celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance to our way of life.
The Missile Systems Award recognises excellence in developing or implementing missile systems technology, including significant technological accomplishments or for inspired leadership of missile systems programmes.
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu presented Kalam Innovation in Governance Award 2019 at the third edition of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Summit on Innovation and Governance, in New Delhi.
Kalam Summit on Innovation and Governance
Kalam Summit on Innovation and Governance is organised by the Kalam Centre to feature discussions and studies on various national and global examples of transformational governance for the betterment of the people.
The Summit is an international conclave of policymakers, civil service officers, NGOs, media and academia who are dedicated to the task of governance and its dimensions. The Summit is aimed at exploring how cutting edge technology, 21st-century management and out-of-box thinking, can transform the role and impact of governance in India and across the world.
The Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award for Innovation in Governance will also be presented during the summit to individuals and institutions for their exemplary work in improving governance and delivering value to the citizens. The awards are given in the following categories:
- Healthcare, Sanitation & Nutrition
- Security & Safety
- Women & Child Welfare
- Banking, Economics & Finance
- Rural Development & Agriculture
- International Contribution
- Technology, IT & Enterprise
- Social Welfare
- Media & Entertainment
Kalam Centre stands to take forward the dreams of Dr Kalam, which he left behind for the nation and world – right up to his very final moment at IIM Shillong.