Awards Current Affairs
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
As per the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, following films have been selected for awards across various categories:
- Best Feature Film Award : Paan Singh Tomar directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia
- Best Actor Award : Shared b/w Irrfan Khan for his role in Paan Singh Tomar and Vikram Gokhale for Marathi film Anumati
- Best Popular Film Award : Shared b/w Hindi flick Vicky Donor and Ustad Hotel (Malayalam)
- Best Supporting Actor Award: Annu Kapoor, Vicky Donor
- The Indira Gandhi award for the best debut film : Chittagong (Hindi) and 101 Chodiyangal (Malayalam)
- Best Director : Shivaji Lotan Patil for the film Dhag (Marathi)
- Best Actress Award: Usha Jadhav for her role in Dhaq
- Best Supporting Actress Award : Shared b/w actors Dolly Ahluwalia and Kalpana for Vicky Donor and ThanichallaNjan (Malyalam).
- Best Male Playback Singer : Shankar Mahadevan for the song Bolo Na from the film Chittagong.
- Best Female Playback Singer: Samhita for the song Palakein Naa Moondon from the film Aarti Anklekartikekar (Marathi):
- Best screenplay writer (original): Sujoy Ghosh for the Hindi thriller Kahaani
- Best screenplay writer (adapted): Bhavesh Mandalia and Umesh Shukla for the film Oh My God.
- Best dialogue Award: Anjali Menon for the film Ustad Hotel (Malayalam).
- Best Lyrics Award: Prasoon Joshi for the song Bolo Na from the film Chittagong.
- Special jury award: Bengali director Rituparno Ghosh and Hindi actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui for the films Chitrangada (Bengali), Kahaani, Gangs of Wasseypur, Dekh Indian Circus andTalaash (all Hindi).
- Best Choreography Award: Pandit Birju Maharaj for the film Vishwaroopam (Tamil).
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • Entertainment • March 2013
Tan Twan Eng won the Asia’s top literary prize “Man Asian Literary Prize” for his novel ‘The Garden of Evening Mists’, for the year 2012.
- He became the first Malaysian author to win Asia’s most prestigious literary prize.
- The author won with his novel The Garden of Evening Mists, which is only the second time the Man Asian Literary Prize has been won by a novel originally written in English. All previous winners, except Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco (2008), won as English translations.