Awards Current Affairs
Shashi Shanker, the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) was honoured with Distinguished Fellowship of Institute of Directors (IOD), 2019 during 29th Institute of Directors (IOD) Annual Day Ceremony held in New Delhi.
The prestigious Fellowship honour was conferred to Shanker in appreciation of his distinguished contribution to business and society.
Apart from Shanker, two more fellowships were also conferred. The other two recipients are-
(1) Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
(2) M Sumanta Chaudhuri Secretary, Ministry of Coal
The honour was bestowed upon fellowship recepients by Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation and Trade and Commerce.
About Distinguished Fellowship of Institute of Directors (IOD), 2019
The 2019 Fellowships were decided by a jury led by Justice M N Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice of India (CJI). He is also the former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India and National Commission for Constitution of India Reforms (NCCIR).
Institute of Directors (IOD) trains Directors on corporate Boards and gives Golden Peacock Awards to corporates for 15 different corporate functions.
Theme of 2019’s IOD Annual Day Ceremony– ‘Future Boards: Leading Strategy to Embrace Sustainability’
Tags: 29th Institute of Directors (IOD) Annual Day Ceremony • Distinguished Fellowship of Institute of Directors (IOD) 2019 • Golden Peacock Awards • Justice M N Venkatachaliah • Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has been conferred King Hamad Order of the Renaissance by Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa in Manama, capital of Bahrain. He was conferred this prestigious honour in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with Bahrain, the key Gulf nation. As of now, it is overall the 7th international award conferred on PM Modi since he assumed office in 2014 (List Below).
PM Modi is the 1st Indian prime minister to visit Bahrain.
The King of Bahrain bestowed Bahrain Order, the First Class on PM Modi in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with Kingdom of Bahrain.
Global awards conferred on PM Modi since 2014
- Amir Amanullah Khan Award– highest civilian award of Afghanistan
- Order of King Abdulaziz Sash- highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
- Grand Collar of the State of Palestine-highest honour of Palestine, given to foreign dignitaries
- Seoul Peace Prize– by Seoul Peace Prize Foundation of South Korea.
- Champions of the Earth award – United Nations’s highest environmental honour, awarded by UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme)
- Order of Zayed– highest civil honour of UAE.