Awards & Honours Current Affairs - 2019
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Asian Rich List 2019 was released by India’s High Commissioner to the UK Ruchi Ghanashyam. The list is the compilation of the 101 wealthiest Asians in Britain and highlights exceptional entrepreneurial achievement over the last 12 months. The list was released at the Asian Business Awards.
Asian Rich List 2019
- London-based NRI industrial tycoons, the Hinduja family top the Asian Rich List 2019 for the sixth successive year with an estimated net worth of £25.2 billion.
- Hinduja family has witnessed an increase of over £3 billion over the previous year.
- Business tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and his son Aditya Mittal remained in second place, with £11.2 billion and their wealth was down by £2.8 billion from the previous year.
- S P Lohia (Petrochemicals) took third place with £5.8 billion.
- NRI entrepreneur Lord Swraj Paul and family are 17th in the list with a net worth £900 million. They have witnessed an increase of £100 million over the previous year.
- Hotelier Joginder Sanger and his son Girish Sanger stood at number 40 on the list with an estimated value of £300 million.
The entries of the Asian Rich List 2019 have a combined wealth of more than £85.2 billion. The list was carefully prepared by a team of experts and it is the definitive guide to Asian wealth in Britain.
Tags: Aditya Mittal • Asia • Asian Rich List 2019 • Asians • Britain
Lalit Kala Akademi has announced the winners of the 15 winners of the 60th Annual Academy Awards. The winners were selected by a two-tier jury. The awardees will be honoured with a plaque, a shawl and prize money of Rs 1 lakh during the 60th National Exhibition of Art.
The winners of the 60th National Academy Awards conferred by Lalit Kala Akademi are Chandan Kumar Samal (Odisha), Gouri Vemula (Telangana), Hemant Rao (Madhya Pradesh), Hiren Kumar Chotu Bhai Patel (Gujarat), Jaya Jena (Odisha), Jayesh K.K (Kerala), Jitendra Suresh Sutar (Maharashtra), Douglas Maryan John (Maharashtra), Pratap Chandra Chakraborty (West Bengal), Rashmi Singh (Uttar Pradesh), Sachin Kashinath Chaudhari (Maharashtra), Sunil Kumar Viswakarma (Uttar Pradesh), Tabassum Khan (Bihar), Vasudeo Taranath Kamath (Maharashtra) and Veenita Sadguru Chendvankar (Goa).
Lalit Kala Akademi
Lalit Kala Akademi established in 1954 is an autonomous organisation under Ministry of Culture. It is head quartered in New Delhi.
The Akademi aims to promote and propagate the understanding of Indian art, in and outside the country in the field of visual arts such as painting, sculpture and graphics etc. The Akademi works to preserve the glorious traditions of the past and enrich them with the works of the modern artist.