Awards & Honours Current Affairs - 2019
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Sri Lankan writer Guy Gunaratne was announced as the winner of 2019’s Swansea University International Dylan Thomas Prize and received the winning prize sum of £30,000. He won the award for his debut novel ‘In Our Mad and Furious City’.
About Guy Gunaratne
- He is a 35 years old British-Sri-Lankan human rights documentary filmmaker, turned debut novelist. He won over 5 other shortlisted authors.
- While working as a journalist and documentary filmmaker he has covered human rights stories from around world.
- In Our Mad and Furious City: is his debut novel and is a fictional account of 48 hours (2 days) in a North London housing estate after murder of a British soldier. The book was shortlisted for The Gordon Burn Prize, The Goldsmiths Prize and the Writers Guild Awards and also longlisted for The Man Booker Prize 2019.
- His work was lauded for providing an authentic voice to marginalised section of society and for shining a spotlight on very real experiences of youths belonging to minority ethnic backgrounds.
About Swansea University International Dylan Thomas Prize
- It is awarded every year for the best published literary work in English language, written by an author aged 39 or under.
- The prize includes a prize sum of £30,000 and celebrates international world of fiction in all its forms including novels, poetry, drama and short stories.
- The year 2019 marks the 11th year of world’s largest English language literary prize for young authors.
Tags: Guy Gunaratne • In Our Mad and Furious City • Literary Award • Sri Lankan Writer • Swansea University International Dylan Thomas Prize 2019
The ‘UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award’ was received by Acharya Balkrishna, Managing Director (MD,) of Patanjali Ayurved Limited on behalf of India’s Patanjali Group of Institutions in Geneva, Switzerland.
About Acharya Balkrishna
- He is a close aide of Baba Ramdev, renowned Yoga guru.
- He was invited to represent India at UNSDG. He was awarded by UNSDG in relation to global health scenario and how these prevalent lifestyle diseases can be treated with Ayurveda, Yoga and other traditional Indian methods and Patanjali’s contribution towards achieving this.
- He dedicated award received to all those who worked hard mainstream Yoga and Ayurveda at global level.
- He was among the five keynote speakers of UNSDG (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) organization. Others include Randy Oostra (UNICEF executive director) Henrietta H Fore (WHO director-general) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Abe Lee.
About Patanjali Ayurved
- It is an Indian consumer goods company which produces wide range Ayurvedic medicinal and personal care products, among other consumer items.
- Renowned yoga guru Baba Ramdev co-founded the company along with Acharya Balkshrina.