Constitution & Law Current Affairs - 2020
Summary of latest bill and acts passed or pending in 2019 in Parliament of India with their salient features and issues for Current Affairs 2019 preparation for various examinations such as UPSC, SSC, State Civil Services, CLAT, Judicial Services etc.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Azerbaijan inked a treaty on Legal and Judicial Cooperation in Civil and Commercial Matters. Delegation-level discussions were also held between India and Azerbaijan.
Objective of Treaty:
- To benefit the citizens of the both countries looking for Legal aid in Civil and Commercial Matters in the called for country regardless of any gender, class, income bias, etc.
- The treaty will unlock the boulevards of collaboration between both the states in other areas also.
The treaty is a calls for a reciprocal arrangement with foreign nations for service of summons, for issuing Letters of Request, for taking of evidence, for execution of civil decrees and for enforcement of arbitral awards. The petitions for legal aid shall be made via the Central Authorities of both nations i.e. Ministry of Law and Justice for India and Ministry of Justice for Azerbaijan.
- Earlier, India has already inked similar type treaties on Civil and Commercial Matters with: Bahrain, Bulgaria, France, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Mongolia, Russia and UAE.
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • India-International Relations
Former Pakistan President Gen. (retd) Pervez Musharraf’s nomination papers for upcoming general elections were rejected for the second time.
Pervez Musharraf had filed the nomination papers from four seats- Karachi, Islamabad, Chitral and Kasur.
Why Musharraf’s nomination papers were rejected:
Amongst several other reasons, the key reasons cited were:
- Musharraf had twice violated and subverted the Constitution by violating Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution of Pakistan, which specify that candidates should have a "good character" and be "sagacious, righteous and non-profligate".
- Musharraf is also an accused in 4 cases, including the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.
What do Articles 62 and 62 of Constitution of Pakistan say?
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • Pakistan