Places in News 2018
Places in news and current affairs for preparation of the Geography papers and map locations for UPSC Civil Services and State related examinations of 2017
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 2016 BRICS Convention on Tourism has begun at UNESCO World heritage site Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh to promote intra-regional tourism.
The two day convention was inaugurated by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism and Culture. The convention has been organised as a precursor to the BRICS Summit to be held in Goa in October 2016.
- In this two day convention, delegates from the BRICS countries viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa are participating.
- It will consists of inter- Governmental exchange of views and ideas, panel discussions on technology, innovation in Tourism.
- Besides, it will primarily focus on cooperation between the BRICS countries for promoting intra-regional tourism.
- Besides, Business to Business (B2B) meetings between the India Travel Trade and their counterparts from the BRICS countries will also be organised.
- During the convention, elements of culture, handicrafts and cuisine from different regions of India will be showcased.
Khajuraho Temple: It is a group of Hindu and Jain Temples in Madhya Pradesh build by Chandela Dynasty between 950 and 1050 AD. It is an UNESCO World heritage Site.
The Union Defence Ministry has sanctioned the construction of a National War Memorial and National War Museum in New Delhi.
The National War Memorial will honour the memory of all soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation.
- The National War Museum will combine architectural aesthetics and public sentiment. It will serve as a place for people to show their respect for soldiers, for their extraordinary efforts.
- The selected site of the memorial is located in the heart of New Delhi, within the C-Hexagon that lies in the close vicinity of India Gate and Chattri.
- It will be an institution to collect, preserve, interpret and display military artifacts. Besides, it will portray significant events of our nation’s wars and related objects of historical importance for education and promoting patriotism.